My Artist Manifesto
Updated: Oct 6, 2020
Artist Manifesto - written March 29th 2015
I hereby decree that I am taking a solemn oath to be an Artist. in this I agree to uphold the values and efforts listed below as long as I shall live on this planet…
1) An Artist must value curiosity as one of the highest virtues.
2) An Artist must remain aware of their almost complete lack of knowledge, on the grand scale of things…
3) An Artist must seek to make the world a better place both in the things that they bring forth in it and the way they treat others
4) An Artist should take time to examine the humble and the overlooked, for rather than the devil residing in these details great insights can be found.
5) An Artist agrees never to stop learning new things
6) An Artist must not deride, bully or harm others, we are here to seek out truths…
7) An Artist is an ambassador of humanity and should act with love and awareness of all living things…
8) Your Art is not yours, it belongs to the world… like a child it will out-grow you and you will have to set it free. (If it tries to move back after a few years, you shouldn’t let it)
9) An Artist must not be afraid of criticism, lots of criticism, in fact loads, from outside and inside… (mainly inside) but outside as well and you must take it and then you must choose to ignore it.
10) As an Artist you must understand the four most important things:
1. IT TAKES TIME
2.IT TAKES PRACTICE
3. YOU MUST DO IT
4. DO NOT FORGET ITEMS 1-3
PS> We are all Artists…
22 views0 comments